RELIANCE HOME COMFORT is proud sponsor of the 2017 JALAPENO Eating Competition.
Fiesta London! is hosting the one and only “Jalapeño Eating Competition” at the Covent Garden Market square on Sunday June 4th 2017
- The winners will be declared the 2017 Jalapeño-eating Champion
- First place will receive $150 Downtown-Dollars; $50 RONA gift card. A Grand Champion trophy. One Deluxe BBQ tool set courtesy of RONA!
- Second place $100 Downtown-Dollars. A second-place medal.
- Third place $50 Downtown-Dollars. A third-place medal.
- ALL: Each participant will receive a medal for his/her participation.
***Awards subject to change
Register at email@example.com
Want to practice in advance? Seven delicious green-pickled-whole jalapeños will be served, the fastest eater wins!
Jalapeño Eating Competition RULES:
- Contestants must be at least 18 years old.
- There will be one competition for all contestants. All contestants must be present and signed-in at Fiesta London! by 4pm on Sunday, June 4th 2017. A contestant will forfeit his or her place should he or she fail to register at the Fiesta London! table by 4pm and be continuously present for the duration of the contest. Contestants will also forfeit his or her place if they leave Fiesta London! after they register.
- Each participant must complete the eligibility requirements and waiver of liability at General Disclaimer before entering. Entries will be also possible at the festival.
- Ten entries will be randomly pulled and the contestants, but preference will be given to those who pre-registered. All entry forms become the property of Fiesta London. Fiesta London will submit two ‘house entry’ to compete as the 11th and 12th contestant.
- If you meet the eligibility requirements above, agree to the waiver, and wish to enter the drawing for a contest slot, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.orgYou must provide your FIRST/LAST NAME, EMAIL and PHONE NUMBER.
- Each contestant will receive a plate of jalapeño peppers. You may eat only one pepper during the first minute. You may then eat as you can during the next two (2) minutes, one pepper at the time.
- Peppers must be eaten down to within 1/8 inch of the cap to be counted.
- Contestants will not be allowed any other food or beverage during the contest.
- Contestants will be disqualified should you be unable to keep peppers down.
- Contestants cannot coat the inside of your mouth with any kind of protective coating. Anyone caught doing so will be disqualified.
- The number of stems on the contestant’s plate will determine the winner after time has been called. You will be allowed to finish any pepper remaining in your mouth when time is called. Should there be a tie, contestants will be given an addition serving of peppers